Monday, May 21, 2007

Revision, Final

I'm not sure how I feel about the revision process right now. I really liked the 1st draft of my profile, save a few bad sentences and holes in information. Now I've added more complications to it, and I feel like its too messy and almost to the point of random info-dropping. The gold-coin mentality except I'm dropping rusty pennies instead. I don't think the piece is really as much of a profile about the co-op as it was originally, and thats a change I'm not all that happy with.

It did, however, inspire my final feature. I'm writing about local farming in constrast with the status quo of American agribusiness. I plan to talk with three local farmers who sell at the farmers market and also have a relationship with Food Dance Cafe that I read about on the internet. I'll also be talking with Holly Anderson, the Farms to K student coordinator. Unfortunately none of my face-to-face meetings will be done before tomorrow morning at 10:30 am, so my workshop draft will have quite a few holes.

No comments: